Firefox 3.0.1 Updates how to use it

Tips |
Latest Tips Info. NEWS, Updates

Quick Tips

Hot Off the Press!

The past week has just been jam packed with new releases, so I thought we'd go over a few of those right now! If you're an avid Firefox or SeaMonkey user, I'm sure you're already a step ahead of me, but just in case you haven't heard the news, allow me to fill you in. Here we go!

Let's start with Firefox, shall we?! Probably the biggest news is that a new version of Firefox 3 has already been released. That's right, Firefox 3.0.1 made its debut on July 16, 2008 and it is now available for download. Now, I know you're probably wondering what could have changed so much in just a few weeks, but there really was quite a bit. First of all, several security and stability issues were fixed, along with various other problems Mozilla heard about through user feedback. You can see a whole list of the changes and more on this Web site. Then when you're ready, you can download Firefox 3.0.1 right here.

Now, if you're still using Firefox 2, I have good news for you as well! Firefox 2.0.0.16 was released on July 16, 2008 as well and it is also available for download. Just a few things were changed for this version, but trust me, they're still very important. You can download Firefox 2.0.0.16 for yourself right here. (Note: Just giving you a heads up. Firefox 2 will only be supported until mid-December 2008. After that, you're strongly encouraged to install Firefox 3). And lastly, SeaMonkey 1.1.11 was released on July 16, 2008 as well. You can download it here. I know that's a lot to take in, but all three of these new versions are very important to install as soon as possible. So, all I have left to say is get busy and enjoy!

~ Erin