MS Office Quick Click Customization

Tips |
Latest Tips Info. NEWS, Updates

As you may recall, the other day, we went over how to find the Page Setup window with just a quick double click. Well, that prompted me to start double clicking elsewhere to see what I could find!

Happily, I found yet another stop on the express train! This time, we're looking at a fast and easy way into the Customize window.

First, if you're an MS Office 2007 user, keep in mind that this tip only works in Outlook 2007. Unfortunately, the ribbons in the other programs cannot be customized. I'm sorry for the bad news, but it can't be helped.

As for the rest of you, I was able to get this to work in MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel. Basically, it works across the board!

I don't know about you, but I like to see all of the buttons that are available to me. To do that, you have to sit them side-by-side, which doesn't work very well, because the program hides the buttons as it tries to make everything fit on a single line. Because of that, I tend to stack the toolbars that are visible in my MS Office program windows.

The result of that is a lot of free space on the right side.

So, there in the free space is where I double clicked and found today's tip!

All you need to do is double click in the unused space next to a toolbar and the Customize window will instantly pop open.

Now, that's what I call maximum effect with minimum memorization!

~ April