My Computer Tips

Tips |
Latest Tips Info. NEWS, Updates




Well, I'm really going to be talking about your computer, but that's besides the point! So, you know about the My Computer folder we all use quite often, right? It's the main folder that holds all of the different hard disk drives you use for different things on your computer. For example, the C: drive, the A: drive (if you have a floppy disk drive) and all of those removable disk drives for flash drives, etc. Yep, they all sit right there in the My Computer folder!

Okay, so now that we've established that, how can you actually get to it? Most of you probably have an icon for it sitting on your desktop. That's a very easy way to access it, but what if you don't want to use an icon for it? I know I like to keep my desktop as clean as possible so that I can see my beautiful wallpaper better! So, if you're like me, what can you do?

There just so happens to be another way to access the My Computer folder! All you have to do is go to your Start menu and look for it. When you click on Start, look to the right and you will see an option for My Computer. Just click on that and you will be able to choose the particular drive you want to go to from there. That method actually saves you a little bit of clicking time and since you use your Start menu for so many different things anyway, you might as well add one more to it, don't you think?! You will see options for My Documents, My Pictures, My Music and My Network Places in the list as well. Check it out for yourself!
~ Erin